Saturday, December 29, 2007

She's from OZ

She is a witch, very young and inexperienced, obviously. Having one arm short and one arm long is the only thing that qualifys her for witchhood.
She will have some more accomplishment and some more experience in the coming years.
When she is 400 years old and a little more accomplished,
she will go to witch university to get herself wrinkled.
When she is 500 years old and a little more accomplished,
she will go to the witch community to get a pair of mean-looking eye-brows.
When she is 600 years old and more accomplished,
she will go to the witch society to get the very long, hooked, mean-looking witch nose.
When she is 700 years old and more accomplished,
she will go to the witch union to get the witch trademark "birthmark" right on her long hooked mean-looking nose.
........


I am 10 posts old now, I am old enough to say "Hi" to friends and friends-to-be now.
I have learned to speak and walk, out of kindergarden, on my way to elementary school!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Lovely sketches, I especially like those natural media pieces so I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Out of interest, are you studying art or design? Or are you working in the field of science? You have some interesting blogs! :)

トール said...

The text really adds an extra dimension to the drawings! I wonder if all the equal length armed girls get bullied in witch kindergarten?

elephantom said...

To Adrian:
Hi, thank you very much for visiting and leaving nice comments. Never expect it to come so quick. I am overwhelmed by surprise and happiness!
I feel so flattered to be asked "are you studying art or design? Or are you working in the field of science?" I am studying physics but my love for art and design started much earlier than that for physics. Even long after the decision for a science career, this part of myself (the part that loves art and design) kept hunting, so I decided to develop it a little. Fortunately, I found your blog and liked it very much since, so why not start a drawing blog myself, I thought. This is the history of this blog. Its drawings and Gimped pictures are childish but it made me a happier person than before!

elephantom said...

To ト-ル:
Yes, they get bullied there!
The truth is that I discovered this "qualification for witchhood" when it was too late! So be it, I thought.
I like the text too. I got the idea when brushing teeth, which means if you do everything that you should do such as brushing teeth, washing face, eating vegetables..., ideas will come to visit you! (Sounds like something that people tell small children)